Friday, September 14, 2007

Office 2007 Usability

I posted a long rant about usability not too long ago, and included a mild jab at the Office 2007 UI (which I personally love, but which others do not) at the end of it. Today I ran across this post from Jensen Harris (a member of the Office UI team) on the science of GUI design, and thought I should share it in the context of full disclosure and fairness:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archive/2006/08/22/711808.aspx

Pretty cool, eh?

Now what we need is a mathematical proof that people who use keyboard shortcuts are not only more efficient but also inherently cooler than people who use the mouse. I wonder if Fitts did any work on that front...

1 comment:

vinothlilly said...

HI Friends,
I need another urgent help with example.
Task:-
1.Create ssis package with import multi format file into same table like excel and xml and db resources.
2.And create loop for checking this data and import into correct table and error table
3. And create meta data and read this data path from meta table to import

pls any one my friends help me with small examples

My email is : vinothlilly@gmail.com