Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Los Angeles, Here I Come!

As you probably know, tomorrow is the date of the big Heroes Happen {Here} Launch Event in Los Angeles, California. Microsoft is "launching"[1] SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008 and Windows Server 2008 in what (according to Microsoft PR, anyway) is their largest product launch ever. Not only is there the main event in LA, but there are hundreds of local and regional events scheduled around the world in the weeks and months ahead.

And I'll be there, sitting up front.

As the name implies, Microsoft has a "Hero" theme for this launch wave - they're focusing on the people who use Microsoft technologies to make a difference in the world. People who are on the cutting edge and loving it.

People like me! ;-)

That's right - Microsoft is featuring yours truly as one of the heroes of the launch wave, so you should keep your eyes open for your favorite SSIS blogger at whatever launch event you visit. If you're going to be at the LA event look for me in person, and if not, look for a handsome young man[2] wearing a stupid grin and a Manowar t-shirt. And if you do see me, make sure you say hi!

 

[1] Note that this is "launching" and not "shipping" - SQL Server 2008 is still some months away, I'm afraid.

[2] Yes, I'm really that delusional.

No comments: