Saturday, July 5, 2008

SQL Connections, Revisited

I just posted about the two breakout sessions I'll be presenting at the Fall SQL Server Connections Conference in Las Vegas. Just in case you're wondering if it's worth it, I want to share with you some attendee comments from my session on SSIS deployment at the Spring SQL Server Connections Conference in Orlando:

  • Good presentation skills.
  • Great ideas on guidance I can apply immediately.
  • Too crowded! Tables?
  • Room was way too small.
  • Without question, the best session of the conference. If I had learned nothing else, it would have been worth the trip for his alone.
  • Great speaker.
  • Really tested me on program terms. Presenter was fabulous!
  • Good jokes.[1]
  • Outstanding!

As you can see, we had an excellent time in Orlando. We were a little crowded - it was standing room only room - but we didn't let that slow us down, and now that the conference organizers understand just what a big draw SSIS can be, we should not run into the same problem in Vegas.

Do you notice anything else about these comments? Everyone had fun. SSIS is such an exciting and interesting topic[2] that people had no choice but to learn a lot. And of course the fall sessions are only going to be better, so plan on being there!

 

[1] I'm not honestly sure what this guy was smoking - this is a comment I've never seen before. ;-)
[2] Well, I think so anyway, and since I'm the one on stage for these sessions my passion will be contagious - if you're there you'll catch it too.

No comments: